Story of Dwight Freeney’s Injury Overblown
The biggest news this week as the Superbowl XLIV gets ready to kick off is the injury to star defensive end Dwight Freeney. Everywhere you look this week there is a story of how the injured QB crusher is hurting and how much of a difference it will make in the game this week. Earlier in the week it was announced that the Colts are making plans to play without Freeney. Then it was announced just today that the injury was starting to feel better and Freeney had high hopes of playing in this game. The truth of the matter is there are certain things that you have to realize about this injury and this game that makes this a big story. I have isolated a few factors that will tell you the real story behind this injury.
Get $100 when you bet the Superbowl at the #1 rated Sportsbook!
1. Superbowl media blows everything out of proportion–when you have two weeks to play a game and something like an injury to a key player pops up its pure gold. Instead of trying to find a nugget about a players grandma or doing a story over and over again this gives the media something to write about and the good news is they could update the story everyday. So barring a player missing the game or a drunken night out byÂ players this is the best story they are going to have. They can’t talk about Kim Kardashian all week can they?
2. Never trust an injury report–If anyone has actually read and believed in an injury report just before a big game they are crazy. Coaches use these reports to play chess with the other coaches strategies. This way the opposing coach has a game plan with or without Freeney. The Saints are biting on this and that leads me to the status of Dwight Freeney.
Hot Deals for the Super bowl at Bet Jamaica!
3. Dwight Freeney will play in the Superbowl--whoever thinks he will not play in this game is crazy. He is going to play. He would play through a broken leg and will have enough tape and pain shots to get him through this game. Even the Saints know this: “The fact is, it’s the Super Bowl,” Drew Brees said on Monday. “I know any player would do as much as they could to get on that field. Obviously, he’s a competitor, and we’re expecting him to play. If he doesn’t, he doesn’t. But certainly I feel like they’re coming into this game with all of their ammo.” So the Saints are preparing for him to play and the Colts are too.
4. The Colts need Freeney to play–When Freeney records a sack in a game, the Colts’ winning percentage is 81 percent. He demands double teams and will keep an extra weapon such as RB or TE in the backfield. He takes pressure off Mathis and will put Brees on his back. The Colts may have a shot to win without him but outside #18 he is the MVP for the Colts. The Colts will make sure he is ready to play in this game.
5. Vegas, sportsbooks odds, and the injury–This injury was enough to move money on the Saints. The Colts line went as high as 6 in some places and after the news of the injury spread it was reported that the line dropped to as low as 4.5 matching the opening number. If you believe the Colts will win the Super bowl and want the lowest line possible now is the time to strike. Bet the game at the #1 rated sportsbook Bet Jamaica and get a great line and a great bonus! When you sign up and deposit $100 you get $100 for free!